Re: Why not burn the Koran and the Mexican flag at the same time?

On 15/09/10 00:07, Jack Linthicum wrote:
On Sep 14, 6:59 pm, Thomas Womack<twom...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
In article<uVSjo.27358$WD3.11...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,

Keith Willshaw<keithnos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hmm I don't see much sign of Pakistan falling apart.
The Pakistanis I know are all far more concerned about
the floods there than the Taliban.

I do slightly wonder why the Taliban are not visibly and vigorously
doing flood-relief work; showing that you can do the things the State
is incapable of has worked very well for Hezbollah in Lebanon.

The rumours that the Americans refused to let the Pakistanis use the
base that the CIA fly drones out of for flood-relief work are entirely
credible, entirely believably counter-productive, and I would not be
startled if documents showing it turned up on wikileaks; that flood
defences were broken in such a way as to save the airbase at the price
of Balochistani towns is probably black propaganda, but is again a
statement entirely susceptible to proof.

Tom

IIRC the floods are nowhere near Quatta.

About at the S in Baluchistan

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/128110911696.htm

Sind is under water, the Pakistani army fought a pretend war against the Taliban there last year

They didn't catch any Taliban, but hundreds of thousands of people were displaced and the army looted their houses...

--
William Black

Free men have open minds
If you want loyalty, buy a dog...

  • Re: Why not burn the Koran and the Mexican flag at the same time?
    ... the floods there than the Taliban. ... I do slightly wonder why the Taliban are not visibly and vigorously ... The rumours that the Americans refused to let the Pakistanis use the ... startled if documents showing it turned up on wikileaks; ...
    (sci.military.naval)
  • Re: Why not burn the Koran and the Mexican flag at the same time?
    ... The Pakistanis I know are all far more concerned about ... Stories about their evil tricks in the floods are already starting to ... The Pakistani Taliban are part of the informal system in Pakistan. ... and the rule was X was the maximum lake level to protect all those poorly-built $multi-million homes that were in no way threatened by a few more inches of water in the lake... ...
    (sci.military.naval)
  • Re: Why not burn the Koran and the Mexican flag at the same time?
    ... I do slightly wonder why the Taliban are not visibly and vigorously ... The rumours that the Americans refused to let the Pakistanis use the ... startled if documents showing it turned up on wikileaks; ... IIRC the floods are nowhere near Quatta. ...
    (sci.military.naval)
  • Pakistan public opinion shifting in favor of US Policy
    ... Pakistanis have come to realize the WISDOM of the Bush policy (and now the ... Obama policy) of "rooting out" the evil Taliban. ... Pakistan public opinion turning against Taliban ... militants and their extreme form of Islam. ...
    (alt.religion.islam)
  • Majority dislikes Taliban, dissatisfied with govt: survey
    ... Eighty-nine per cent Pakistanis surveyed by a leading US ... The global attitudes survey by the Pew Research Centre, Washington, ... having a good influence on the country. ... Taliban and sixty-one per cent reject Al Qaeda openly. ...
    (soc.culture.pakistan.politics)