Re: Freedom of speech in the U.S.

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 14:53:19 +0100, William Black
<william.black@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 10/06/10 13:15, Fred J. McCall wrote:

I repeat - Where did you get the idea that whether or not something is
classified depends on whether the Russians have a piece or not?

If you're trying to keep something a secret because of a particular set
of people then once they get ho,d of it then there's not a lot of point
in keeping it a secret.

Now I do understand that a great deal of what is classified is
classified because of inertia within the defence community, but keeping
that sort of thing secret drives up prices and makes everyone look silly.

It also devalues that which should truly be kept secret.

Eugene L Griessel

A seminar on Time Travel will be held two weeks ago....

  • Re: A scientific approach to proving whether man landed on the moon - photogrammetric rectificat
    ... Since it was a space race with the Russians then the Russians would have ... certainly stood up and claimed America was faking it as they did with the ... If Bill Clinton can't even keep an affair with Monica a secret then there ...
    (sci.geo.satellite-nav)
  • Re: Putins Latest Dirty Trick: Leaking Private Phone Calls (Was: Af/Pak & Other News (3/27/2014)
    ... by our opponents diplomats urgently need to be issued with mobile phones ... The phones shall be certified to ... SECRET and possibly TOP SECRET. ... The phone calls leaked by the Russians were between US diplomats using cell phones in foreign countries. ...
    (sci.military.naval)
  • Re: "Ive Got A Secret"
    ... On an "I've Got a Secret" episode in 1965, ... was set to represent the United States in classical piano at the ... Panelist Henry Morgan made a point that the Russians, ... literally hated rock and roll music. ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)
  • Re: Meganet on Cryptogram again
    ... > If the Russians have a comparable body of corporate ... they are good at keeping its existence a secret. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Freedom of speech in the U.S.
    ... "William Black" wrote in message ... If you're trying to keep something a secret because of a particular set of people then once they get ho,d of it then there's not a lot of point in keeping it a secret. ... Assuming that because the Russians know its OK to ... Keith ...
    (sci.military.naval)