Re: Kerry isnt too SWIFT
- From: Fred J. McCall <fmccall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 02:30:13 -0700
Jim Yanik <jyanik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
:tankfixer <null@xxxxxxxx> wrote in
:> In article <RvCdnR9Jb69BIN7anZ2dnUVZ_qWtnZ2d@xxxxxxx>,
:> mary.palmucci@xxxxxxx says...
:>> "Peter Skelton" <skeltonp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
:>> > One similarity between Bush and Kerry is that they both
:>> > requested, and got, administrative releases so that service
:>> > couldn't interfere with political activities.
:Except that Bush got the release because he was trained in an obsolete
:AC,and training him for a new one would take longer than his current term
:of enlistment. "Politics" had nothing to do with it. It was many years
:before Bush entered politics.
Actually, that's not precisely true, since Bush got his early release
in order to go work for a politician, I believe (the same reason he
got permission to do non-local drills toward the end of his time).
"It's always different. It's always complex. But at some point,
somebody has to draw the line. And that somebody is always me....
I am the law."
-- Buffy, The Vampire Slayer
- Prev by Date: Re: Suitcase Nuclear Weapons, Favorite Threat of Hollywood Scriptwriters, Are Probably a Myth
- Next by Date: Re: Emergency Medical Kits
- Previous by thread: Re: Kerry isnt too SWIFT
- Next by thread: Re: Kerry isnt too SWIFT