Re: Judge: Wiretap program unconstitutional
- From: Mark Borgerson <mborgerson.at.comcast.net>
- Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 14:09:56 -0700
In article <C10A14D3.2F522%gsatterfield@xxxxxxx>, gsatterfield@xxxxxxx
On 8/17/06 12:16 PM, in article
1155835017.074275.117770@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jack Linthicum"
This is Round One, but does suggest that the Administration is in for
an interesting period of time, especially if they defy the judge's
The administration will appeal this, er, interesting order to the 6th
Circuit, which, I predict will reverse it in short order. The judge, Anna
Diggs Taylor, is an elderly black woman and a Democrat, appointed by Jimmy
Carter in 1979.
I expect the appeal---but I'm not confident that it will be repealed in
short order---especially if it stays in the Detroit area.
The Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals judges stationed in Detroit are:
Eric L. Clay Appointed by Clinton
Damon J. Keith Appointed by Carter
Cornelia_Groefsema_Kennedy Appointed by Carter
James Leo Ryan Appointeed by Reagan
Will the appellants get to pick the judge?
This looks like a case of Bush hatred run amok to me.
- Prev by Date: Re: The flame thread
- Next by Date: Re: The flame thread
- Previous by thread: Re: Judge: Wiretap program unconstitutional
- Next by thread: Re: Judge: Wiretap program unconstitutional