Re: Progressive Lenses - what is the best

"Ajax" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thank for a very thorough answer. I wanted to upgrade to the Physio
360 because it is claimed to have wider reading and mid-range
channels and there is supposedly less distortion than with Panamics.

If the Physio 360 don't work out, then I'll just go with Panamics.
Everything that I have read about the Physio 360 has been positive so
far.

My wife's optometrist is trying to put her into a Kodak Unique lens.
I have read mixed reviews of this lens with some criticism of the
coatings.

Any thoughts?

TIA

Wal-Mart Optical sells a slightly modified version of the Varilux Physio 360
under the Nikon brand. It is made by Essilor (which owns the rights to the
Nikon brand name in the USA and also owns Varilux Panamic/Physio). The lens
is also known as the Essilor Accolade Freedom. I believe a pair of these
lenses were about $389.00 in a 1.67 index with crizal alize, which is
substantially less than most people are selling the Varilux Physio 360 for.

Supposedly, Essilor only sells Varilux to independent opticals and OD
offices, but sells the Essilor/Nikon equivalent to the big box stores.

  • Re: Varilux Physio vs Varilux Physio360
    ... Physio is a rear surface control only, ... There is no "target" market for these lenses per se. ... Essilor does not and never has made lenses for a specific ... Airwear for higher scripts and industrial needs. ...
    (sci.med.vision)
  • Re: VARILUX PANAMIC TO PHYSIO 360
    ... to the Varilux Physio 360, ... The new Physio has maintained the minus 3.50 right and left but the + ... Also I found a barely noticeable engraving on both lenses (toward the ... Try the other lens or the other side of the same lens. ...
    (sci.med.vision)
  • Re: VARILUX PANAMIC TO PHYSIO 360
    ... to the Varilux Physio 360, ... The new Physio has maintained the minus 3.50 right and left but the + ... Also I found a barely noticeable engraving on both lenses (toward the ... Try the other lens or the other side of the same lens. ...
    (sci.med.vision)
  • Re: VARILUX PHYSIO 360
    ... decided to change my Varilux Panamic to the top of the line Physio 360 ... convinced the provider who sold me the Panamics to let me go back to ... in any way and the extra expense is a waste of money-- the Panamic was ... market gimmicks, but there are times when I still get ensnared believing ...
    (sci.med.vision)
  • VARILUX PHYSIO 360
    ... decided to change my Varilux Panamic to the top of the line Physio 360 ... If your interested my posts show my opinions and troubles I had with ... convinced the provider who sold me the Panamics to let me go back to ... in any way and the extra expense is a waste of money-- the Panamic was ...
    (sci.med.vision)