Big difference between contact / glasses prescription???

Hello,

I recently had my eyes checked and I am not sure that my prescription
is correct. The strength of the sph. reading is flipped for which eye
is stronger between the contact lens and glasses prescription.

I realize the prescriptions can be different, but I am not a huge fan
of my eye doctor to begin with and I am suspicious there is a mistake
here.

Can somebody tell me if these prescriptions make sense together?

Glasses:

R: sph. -3.75 / cyl. -2.25 / axis: 110
L: sph. -4.00 / cyl. -1.75 / axis: 90

Contact lens:

R: sph. -3.50 / cyl -2.25 / axis: 110
L: sph. -3.25 / cyl -1.75 / axis 90

It seems to me that one of the two is flipped - that tthe sph. is
weaker on the contacts since they sit closer to my eye, but that
perhaps the eyes are flipped? Or could this be correct?

All the other aspects are the same...

Please help!

Josh

  • Re: Seeing is Believing
    ... > glasses for night truck drivers for years. ... That is, given a perfectly corrected lens, the myopic eye has the ... Given a perfectly corrected lens, the eye/brain will adjust quickly to the ... night time prescription may turn to be uncomfortable during the day. ...
    (sci.astro.amateur)
  • Re: Optometrists are too anxious to change perscription?
    ... a lens. ... wouldn't change the prescription much, but as soon as they would change a ... my opposite eye would get a bit lazy and lose some of it's acuity. ... Ironically, when I quick going to optometrist, my vision never declined ...
    (sci.med.vision)
  • Odd New Astigmatism Lens
    ... Hello there - I'm having problems with a new lens I prescribed, ... pulling sensation in right eye, and I could never really seem to focus ... everytime everything checks out fine - the lenses are the correct ... prescription, and they are centered right over my pupils. ...
    (sci.med.vision)
  • Re: Odd visual effed
    ... just noticably different with each eye. ... said that since the prescription for that eye is changing ... I told him that while I do take the glasses off to read ... Both the previous optometrists are no longer available. ...
    (sci.med.vision)
  • Re: Better spectacle lenses possible?
    ... > and find that glasses only correct properly when I look in one direction ... for the right eye I reckon that the angle ... > vertical profile of the lens so that the prescription is always right ...
    (sci.optics)