Re: Monovision + Myopia

Woon Wai Keen wrote:

Is monovision typically prescribed to myopics? I'm -8.25 and -6.5.

Fairly common for both myopes and hyperopes who wear contacts and who are also presbyopes (over age 40); not common below that age, and not common in glasses.

Since you were essentially "born" with monovision (your right eye focused closer to you than your left) if you're over 40 it would be common to "undercorrect" your right eye to help at near.

w.stacy, o.d.

  • Re: 1 out of 5 killers is an immigrant
    ... Find other common factors between the ones that cause problems that ... should think age is a big factor, as well as size of group. ... stories cause immigrants to be less tolerant of native Brits. ... Integration is not possible between cultures. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: How old does the universe have to be for evolution to "work"?
    ... Even this age for some reason was very ... evidence, has only walked on this earth a few short years. ... Example of the Invertabat giving rise to all invertrabrates, ... All invertabrays should have common DNA sampling. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: how many generations?
    ... would we have to go back, ON AVERAGE, to find a common ancestor. ... birth, but the age averaged over all mothers and all births. ... generation time for humans is correct. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: how many generations?
    ... r norman wrote: ... would we have to go back, ON AVERAGE, to find a common ancestor. ... birth, but the age averaged over all mothers and all births. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: study of redshirting (late entrance to kndergarten)
    ... the typical age really is a young age. ... I don't think it's common here, ... Both GA and SC have Sept. 1 cutoffs, so maybe it's more common in states where the cutoff is much later. ... the kids that turned 6 in September. ...
    (misc.kids)