Please Help -- Hurt Hand

It's finally happened...my right hand's all messed up from playing the
piano!

Specifically, from Mouret's Rondeau...It's the third bar here,
http://www.music-scores.com/mouret/composer.php -- go to the one for
the piano and click on "listen" to see the first page of the score. I
have pain now on the back of the hand, like half-way down between the
knuckles and the wrist where the middle and ring fingers have their
tendons or whatever those strings are called.

I was playing Mouret's Rondeau last night...and my right hand started
feeling more and more uncomfortable than it's ever felt, almost (though
not quite) an acute pain...so I stop. I was on a roll, but I'm getting
stupid-stitious in my old age, ever since I caught a herniated vertebra
and spraigned an ankle.

But this morning, I couldn't play that section of the Rondeau at all!!!

Even my wrist is involved!! Yes, the muscles are tight, but it's not a
cramp, since as soon as I stop it's gone, no more pain or discomfort.

I also do a lot of push-ups and (upright) bike-riding (will get a
recumbent soon)...do you think that has something to do with all this??
I also lift weights, etc.

Is there some kind of first-aid handbook for hands??

  • Re: Piano Roll "Blue", or "Rhapsody" on a Roll
    ... you said "piano roll" and MTT together, ... Have you been playing lately? ... I took a pain pill about 6:00 PM last night, ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Lullys temperament
    ... the tuning may gain more acceptance and more quickly. ... playing is not particularly accomplished or idiomatic, ... Oliver is clearly referring to how string players play when they don't have ... The first thing you learn when playing sonatas with piano is that you have ...
    (rec.music.early)
  • Re: Objectives to raise ones standard of playing
    ... The most important concepts you want to learn from a piano teacher: ... A student playing a piece of music over ... is one of the most important skills a musician develops. ...
    (rec.music.makers.piano)
  • Re: NBC- Women can kiss my ass.
    ... Roy definitely delivers the goods and plays a lovely piano part on ... substance and heart of a song such as "Racing in the Street." ... playing isn't going to salvage it... ... Joel certainly has written several light hearted more ...
    (rec.music.artists.springsteen)
  • Re: Playing with arm weight?
    ... I've been playing the piano for about eight months, ... is essentially about dropping your arm weight in a controlled manner. ...
    (rec.music.makers.piano)