20 Year Old Sony KV-25XBR

Hello all. I have a 20 year old set that was killer in it's day. Heck, it cost me
a grand that long ago.

The problem that developed today is that the picture is well, shimmering
would be the best description. It affects the geometry and the color and both
kind of waver.

The question is whether or not it's worth repairing or to trash it. If I can find a
schematic, a friend of mine is pretty good at fixing TV's, if he has the time.
Any idea in general, what went south on this TV? Yesterday it still had a great
picture. Thanks!

  • 20 year old Sony KV-25XBR
    ... Heck, it cost ... a grand that long ago. ... The problem that developed today is that the picture is well, ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • 20 yearold Sony KV-25XBR
    ... Heck, it cost ... me a grand that long ago. ... The problem that developed today is that the picture is well, ...
    (sci.engr.television.broadcast)
  • Re: 20 year old Sony KV-25XBR
    ... Heck, it cost ... a grand that long ago. ... The problem that developed today is that the picture is well, ... Remember, Google is your friend. ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: 20 year old Sony KV-25XBR
    ... a grand that long ago. ... The problem that developed today is that the picture is well, shimmering ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: Israeli health care
    ... I HAD BASIC KIBBUTZ INSURANCE AND I KNOW MY CARE WAS COSTLY - BUT IT WAS ... I KNOW IT WOULD HAVE COST MORE IN AMERICA FOR THINGS NOT INSURANCE ... recognized the location in the picture. ...
    (soc.culture.jewish.moderated)