Re: large diameter pipe miter

Ken Moffett wrote:
Grant Erwin <grant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:12e3athjn2nr10c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Randy wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get a miter template for joining two
pieces of 8.5" OD pipe at 90 degrees. I need the same for 6.5" OD as
well. Perhaps there is a program........ or someone has a tried and
true manual method.

Google for "winmiter.exe" - I just tried it, whips out a pattern you
roll around your pipe to lay out your fishmouth.

GWE

Also Goggle "Tubemiter", it's also free like Winmiter.

I agree, Winmiter works excellent for small diameters, but how do I get
large diameter pipe templates printed? The 8.5" template has not even
half of the template on one sheet of paper. Is there a different
printer setting I should be using?

  • Re: cutting a fishmouth joint
    ... >>>I use WinMiter too, and it works great. ... >> curver on the template and tracing the edge on the tubes. ... just this morning I layed out 4 fishmouth joints on 2" pipe ... This is schedule 80 pipe, ...
    (sci.engr.joining.welding)
  • Re: large diameter pipe miter
    ... roll around your pipe to lay out your fishmouth. ... large diameter pipe templates printed? ... half of the template on one sheet of paper. ... An opaque projector can also be used - these can often be found at garage ...
    (sci.engr.joining.welding)
  • Re: large diameter pipe miter
    ... roll around your pipe to lay out your fishmouth. ... large diameter pipe templates printed? ... half of the template on one sheet of paper. ...
    (sci.engr.joining.welding)
  • Re: Mount Misery meets Captain Gravity - damage report
    ... This has been borne ... He'd only do one if I sent him the pipe. ... Yeah, if it were my business, I would provide a free pipe guard to the first ... person to send me a new pipe to use as a template. ...
    (rec.motorcycles.dirt)
  • Re: Speaking of winmiter...
    ... fine line the program draws! ... Does anyone know how to rewrite the thing to ... First, if you are making a paper template, cut along the line with scissors, ... and then wrap the template around the pipe, and spray bomb it to mark the ...
    (sci.engr.joining.welding)