conversion: spectrum -> RGB -> spectrum

Hello,

I have a problem. I want to transform an RGB value from an image to
the equivalent spectrum and transform it back to RGB.....
Can somebody explain me how to do this.....
I have tried to implement the paper "Deriving Spectra from Colors and
Rendering Light Interference" from Sun, Fracchia, Calvert and Drew in
Matlab as a prototype....
The problem is that I don't get their results (the relative error from
RGB -> spectrum ->RGB)....
So I am a little bit confused doing everything right....
Can please somebody explain me the correct order of the transformation
from RGB to spectrum and then back......? I am not 100 percent sure about
this....
I would also be happy if somebody can give me the general procedure....

Cheers,
Dirk

  • Re: conversion: spectrum -> RGB -> spectrum
    ... the equivalent spectrum and transform it back to RGB..... ... number of spectra that will equate to a particular tristimulus value ...
    (sci.engr.color)
  • Re: Contious optical receiver
    ... What differ a prism from a RGB mask? ... Well visible light have a range Wikipedia"The visible spectrum (or ... It isn't simply pure wavelength. ... RGB OR CMYK IS JUST FILTERS FOR "ONE WAVE LENGTH" YOU COULD PROBABLY ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: Yellow
    ... determined from the broadcast RGB signal. ... sub-pixel is fired and the R and G are dimmed to compensate. ... to have seven sub-pixels (ROYGBIV) and to process the RGB input to ... For light you simply record the spectrum with a decent spectrometer to get the intensity against wavelength. ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: Yellow
    ... technology Sharp is using to create images is mimicking critical ... determined from the broadcast RGB signal. ... sub-pixel is fired and the R and G are dimmed to compensate. ... For light you simply record the spectrum with a decent spectrometer to get the intensity against wavelength. ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: Colomap question
    ... of spectrum RGB, to a random vector like I did. ... Note that the default colormap IS jet, which, when plotted ... It's when I next supply scatter with the RGB ... when I use the RGB triplets with the plotfunction to ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)