Re: Air drying lumber properly

The Borg and Lowes (there aren't any others worth mentioning), here,
keep all the dimensional lumber inside. I haven't seen anything there
that wasn't KD.

Here in Washington state, the only kiln dried "framing" lumber are 8' and
"precut stud" lengths of 2x4's and 2x6's. Anything longer (10 ft, 12 ft,
etc.) or larger (2x8, 2x10, 2x12) are sold green.

ALL pressure treated lumber is sold green, regardless of size or length. A
wet PT 2x12x12' can be REALLY heavy! :)

However, all 1x "woodworking" boards are sold kiln dried (Pine, Hemlock,
Poplar, Oak, etc.).

Anthony Watson
Mountain Software
www.mountain-software.com

  • Re: drywall corners opening up
    ... I suspect you are seeing the results of normal shrinkage of ... framing lumber, it is just compounded by the 2x6 framing. ... exterior vertical corners in my house have opened up about 1/16" ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Air drying lumber properly
    ... keep all the dimensional lumber inside. ... Here in Washington state, the only kiln dried "framing" lumber are 8' and ... If it's wet. ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: 8x4 table dimensions?
    ... Brought to you by the same people who define dimensional lumber (2x4s and ... OK, now explain why, nowadays, the lumber 2x4 is really only 1-7/8 x ... don't try to give us some lame excuse about engineers ...
    (rec.sport.billiard)
  • Re: 8x4 table dimensions?
    ... Brought to you by the same people who define dimensional lumber (2x4s and ... LOL! ... OK, now explain why, nowadays, the lumber 2x4 is really only 1-7/8 x ...
    (rec.sport.billiard)