Re: How Sharp Do You Keep an Axe?

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 09:12:33 -0500, Robert Allison
<rimshot27@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 4/15/2011 2:24 AM, RicodJour wrote:
On Apr 12, 11:37 pm, Bill<B...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sharp axes are known to be safer than dull ones!

I guess this guy's axe is pretty damn safe then, but I bet you still
cringe when you watch it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueIB0h4SzHc

I love that axe that he has! I am going to have to see about finding
one like that.

That's just a regular, unsided broadaxe, Robert. Some were built for
lefthanded or righthanded people and the blade is offset to one side.
Pics of the various profiles: http://goo.gl/Y2mUd

I like the bearded style 1800s broadaxe by Gransfors Bruks.

It does not make me cringe when I watch him. But I am one of those that
believes that the best safety equipment is your mind and your skill, not
gadgets.

He's fairly safe. A newbie doing that would be unsafe. Hmm, did he
appear to be missing that left little toe...?

--
Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people.
Others have no imagination whatsoever.

  • Re: How Sharp Do You Keep an Axe?
    ... Sharp axes are known to be safer than dull ones! ... I guess this guy's axe is pretty damn safe then, ... That's just a regular, unsided broadaxe, Robert. ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: Axe attack
    ... > Once you're clinched it's *very* safe against the axe. ... Unless it's razor ... Any good axe is going to be. ...
    (rec.martial-arts)
  • Re: How Sharp Do You Keep an Axe?
    ... I'm talking about an axe, not a splitting wedge. ... that was the same axe my Uncle used for splitting all the time. ... It wasn't really DULL dull, just didn't have a real sharp edge. ...
    (rec.woodworking)