O/T; How Times Have Changed
- From: "Lew Hodgett" <sails.man1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 00:20:10 -0700
Have to renew my vehicle license plate this month.
California allows you to do this on line.
A few key strokes and you're done.
A far cry from when I was young back in Ohio.
Back then, the entire state had license plate renewal in March.
Temporary license registrars were set up all over the state (It was a
political patronage job).
People would stand in lines for hours, especially as April 1
Standing in line was bad enough, but March in Ohio can have some nasty
Back then, the auto manufacturers were no help.
Plastic inserts had not been developed to accept license plate screws
so getting rusty bolts apart was a special problem, especially if the
road crews had spread a lot of salt over the winter.
The above ranks right up there with walking to school in -20F weather
and 20 mile/hr winds.
Glad things have changed.
- Prev by Date: Re: Laminating work bench
- Next by Date: Re: O/T; How Times Have Changed
- Previous by thread: Is Plain/Flat Sawn Plywood Veneer Worth It?
- Next by thread: Re: O/T; How Times Have Changed