Delta Lathe 46-700

I noticed in yesterday's Craigslist an ad for a Delta 46-700 lathe for $100 that
appears to be in excellent shape. I'm not into turning at this point but I'm
willing to jump on it if this were considered a real deal. I can always come up
with an excuse to justify it if I had to.

Anybody got an opinion about this particular lathe?

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

  • Re: Beginner Questions
    ... >Lathe - What to buy? ... set of eight turning tools that they were offering as a promotion- ... I feel no need to *upgrade* the Delta tools until I've used them ... Find some fire wood, and go to work. ...
    (rec.crafts.woodturning)
  • Re: Beginner Questions
    ... >>Lathe - What to buy? ... I got the Delta Midi lathe last winter, ... > set of eight turning tools that they were offering as a promotion- ... > Find some fire wood, ...
    (rec.crafts.woodturning)
  • Re: Jet 1442--my last lathe?
    ... If you have been turning and don't have a variable speed lathe (from 0 ... but runs good and couldn't beat the price - $00) But I did invest ... Is the Jet 1442 the last lathe I'm likely to ever need? ...
    (rec.crafts.woodturning)
  • Re: Jet 1442--my last lathe?
    ... If you have been turning and don't have a variable speed lathe (from 0 ... but runs good and couldn't beat the price - $00) But I did invest ... Is the Jet 1442 the last lathe I'm likely to ever need? ...
    (rec.crafts.woodturning)
  • Re: Well, lets talk about my new DVR
    ... was demoing bowl turning. ... It is a nice little lathe. ... my turning was on a PM, and now I have a Robust. ... set for certain speeds, and that would be faster, but a dial is easier ...
    (rec.crafts.woodturning)