Re: A/V equipment dimensions for furniture design

I needed something to hold my amp, DVD player, VHS player/recorder,
and a center speaker for my theater room. The screen is mounted
diagonally in a corner. I designed removable curved shelves held by
wall cleats. Each 3/4" ply shelf has a curved front and a curved rear
with hardwood lips on each edge. I probably have twice the shelf
space than I really need which make it easier to access the rear of
every unit, plus allow for a future Blu-Ray or HD DVD unit and some
kind of "PC-connection" unit. This idea works exceptionally well. The
open corner allows for wiring management and air movement. I fastened
two Velcro strips to the back lip of each shelf (one side for
electrical, the other for sound/video cabling). Whatever you decide,
make sure there is enough ventilation and at least 1" of space all
round each unit. Spiral cable wraps helps keep it tidy. I was going
to add rope lighting under each shelf, but decided against it in favor
of keeping all the wiring to a minimum.

  • Re: Budget AV equipment racks?
    ... rack wide enough for me to have my AV amp and DVD player next to each ... The amp is 430mm wide and the DVd plater 435mm side. ... shelf would have to be in the region of 200+ mm... ... That rack would cost you about 30 quid from Argos (if they still do ...
    (uk.rec.audio)
  • Re: Topfield TF5800 ventilation - Adverts
    ... >> Phil Pickard wrote: ... >>>I want to put a DVD player on top of a set top box on a base shelf under ... I wanted to know if this would compromise either the DVD player or the ... In my case the Topfield is on top of the DVD ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: Microsoft finally acknowledges the security drumbeats
    ... > license agreement. ... THe DVD player I got for Christmas was not so wrapped, ... I have no idea how long it had sat on a retailer's shelf before then. ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: Microsoft finally acknowledges the security drumbeats
    ... > license agreement. ... THe DVD player I got for Christmas was not so wrapped, ... I have no idea how long it had sat on a retailer's shelf before then. ...
    (comp.security.misc)