Re: OT: I often wonder Part Deux.

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 12:20:36 -0700, Robatoy <design@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A client of mine, recently purchased a 45-ft converted bus. It is 23
years old and in immaculate condition. I will be installing a few
Corian goodies for him.
Something like that, these days, would probably cost around 500K$.
But here is what puzzles me. This guy is 72 and has NEVER driven
anything bigger than a station wagon. He does NOT need a different
license. He is going to be thundering down the road with a 10-ton
Pusher at 120 KPH on the same road *I* am travelling on.
I mean...WTF???

As a long time RV'er, I've always objected to that speed thing..

Even when I was pulling a 6' trailer with a full-size pickup, Calif. says I have
to drive at 55 in the slow lane...
OTOH, a 90 yr old that never drove anything bigger than a Lincoln can buy a huge
motor home and drive it in the fast lane at the Max speed limit..

IMHO, their should be a drivers test and possibly a tag on the license, as they
do for motorcycles, for rv's over a certain length or weight.. YMWV

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

  • Re: OT: I often wonder Part Deux.
    ... Something like that, these days, would probably cost around 500K$. ... a 90 yr old that never drove anything bigger than a Lincoln can buy ... IMHO, their should be a drivers test and possibly a tag on the license, as ... Are there accident statistics you are familiar with that suggest a ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • First-timer buying AS/400 and have questions
    ... Would it be possible to purchase V5R2 or V5R3 CDROM media from IBM? ... how much do they typically cost? ... typically send license keys or do I have to obtain a license from IBM? ... how much would a basic support contract that entitled me to ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc)
  • Re: Use my original COA ( CD-KEY) in my Toshiba laptop
    ... When building your own system and buying an OEM copy of MCE, ... OEM MCE license sells for around $120. ... you could buy a retail copy and get support for the Media Center ... OS cost very much. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: An Open Letter to Kun Gao: Re: Your Ransom Note to the Remaining Anime Industry
    ... $45-85K an episode. ... dubbed 13-episode license at over $1.25 million. ... fairly quickly, to that a 13-episode anime in America is, at barest ... operation between the dub cost and the license. ...
    (rec.arts.anime.misc)
  • Re: Buying an E34 5 Series
    ... >> and unless fuel consumption and insurance are an issue get the biggest ... but the bigger ones seem to be rarer and a bit pricey. ... > me in the wallet, as would the insurance cost (at 26, I'm a young man to ...
    (uk.rec.cars.maintenance)