Re: Quick grip bar clamp pads

bridgerfafc@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Frank Boettcher wrote:
Anyone know where I can buy those rubber pads for the quick grip bar
clamps? I've got about a dozen of those things and over time I've
lost or destroyed about 30 percent of the pads.

Frank

I don't use the irwins, but what I do for pads is cut out and glue on
bits of leather.

I've been using Penn State Industries clamps, but a handle on a
quick-gramp as well as one on a heavy-duty deep-reach bar clamp broke
recently. I may switch over to Jorgy's only. As I and others before
me have said, buy the best and only cry once.

Oh yeah - I too use bits of leather, innertube, etc.

JP

  • Re: Lining clamp pads - what to use?
    ... soft orange pads on the jaws. ... The complaints were all several years old, ... Apparently Jorgensen has known about the problem for years but claims either that the clamps were not designed for "long term" clamping or that sanding and finishing should obscure the marks. ... I suppose I could cannibalize the next piece of cast-off chipboard furniture I see on the street, but it doesn't seem like a material that could spread the pressure very far. ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Lining clamp pads - what to use?
    ... I just bought a couple Jorgensen bar clamps, the type that have soft orange pads on the jaws. ... But I have just stumbled on a fairly large number of complaints that the pads release a chemical that stains wood. ... I've got a bunch of other clamps that could also use some sort of covering. ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: Lining clamp pads - what to use?
    ... I just bought a couple Jorgensen bar clamps, ... soft orange pads on the jaws. ... I've got a bunch of other clamps that could ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: Lining clamp pads - what to use?
    ... soft orange pads on the jaws. ... The complaints were all several years old, ... I've got a bunch of other clamps that could ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: Quick grip bar clamp pads
    ... Frank Boettcher wrote: ... lost or destroyed about 30 percent of the pads. ...
    (rec.woodworking)