Re: OT - Richard Pryor - RIP
- From: "Buddy Matlosz" <amatlosz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 03:29:59 -0500
"LRod" <duckecho@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 17:40:28 -0500, "Lee Gordon"
> <bucketofspam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Died today, age 65.
> A sad story. Immensely talented--possibly the funniest comic I ever
I personally never found Pryor all that funny - seemed like he just cussed
for the sake of cussing.
>Followed the too-much-money-too-soon path common to celebrity
> and fried his body while trying to fry his brain.
> The ultimate irony was survinving that only to fall victim to a slow
> acting debilitating disease.
> Another candidate for the John Belushi memorial "you could have made
> us laugh for years, but, n-o-o-o-o" award.
Now HE was funny. Great physical comedian. He could draw laughs with a joke,
body language, or just a facial expression. The SNL show where he did the
Joe Cocker impersonation side-by-side with Cocker is still one of my
favorites. But to this day, nobody can reduce me to tears like Sam Kinison
when he got on a roll.
- Prev by Date: Re: OT - Richard Pryor - RIP
- Next by Date: New woodworking tool gloat
- Previous by thread: Re: OT - Richard Pryor - RIP
- Next by thread: Re: OT - Richard Pryor - RIP