Re: beginner equipment - 10'6" o'brien?

I'm gonna recommend against it, but for a different reason...

Second board I ever owned was an O'Brien Elite (is this the same as we're talking about?).

I actually found it very easy to sail (once I recovered from the strain of carrying it from the car to the water ;^) ), but
this turned out to be a problem! I learned a whole lot of bad habits that proved very hard to break when I transitioned to a
"real" board (a Bic Rock). On the Elite I could put my feet almost anywhere and not have a problem - not the case with other
boards. And if you did something wrong with foot pressure or sail position, you had about 15 minutes to figure out there was
a problem while the board reacted - again not the case with most other boards.

Just my 2 cents of course...

Eric Law

.