Re: Troubleshoot and/or reset Samsung DVD-P231

Thank you, Franc. I know this advice is on the right track, but it's
not working yet for me.

Because I don't know the settings that I accidentally approved when I
hit the wrong key, it's not necessarily possible to hit the enter key
and the right arrow key and the return key a certain number of times
and get the right results. Sometimes when I hit a button on my remote,
the DVD player doesn't respond, and I have to hit it again.

So this is a huge challenge. I've also pulled out my owner's manual
and have tried following that, as well. I can't believe Samsung
doesn't include a simple "Reset" control. Even the simplest, cheapest
televisions and other devices I've used have had a reset button that
could override every command.

I'll keep working on it, but if anyone else has a better instruction,
please tell me. I don't want to take it to a shop. It's not fiscally
smart. DVD players cost less than a service call.

diane

  • Re: Virtual memory will not hold my setting.
    ... Yess I have hit the OK and Set and Apply buttons and turned off VM ... and restarted and reset it to my settings. ... memory) even though in the VM settings it still has 800 and 1000 listed. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: 2 Gigs of RAM...
    ... I only upgraded for the RAW converter. ... decided there was some danger here so hit the reset button my machine. ... I've never had this sort of problem with a program before... ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: TECH: Stern Dracula
    ... Also 2 of the 3 pops score when I hit them, but don,t fire. ... Do the drops reset or pops fire during this test? ... Do you have power at each lug of the suspect coils? ... Do you have another Regulator/Driver board you can swap in? ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: TECH: Stern Dracula
    ... Also 2 of the 3 pops score when I hit them, but don,t fire. ... Do the drops reset or pops fire during this test? ... Do you have power at each lug of the suspect coils? ... I have a flight 2000 with most of the boards. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: TECH: Stern Dracula
    ... Not even when I start a new game. ... Also 2 of the 3 pops score when I hit them, but don,t fire. ... Do the drops reset or pops fire during this test? ... Do you have power at each lug of the suspect coils? ...
    (rec.games.pinball)