Pioneer DVR-520H HDD ERROR

I went to delete a program and the system hung. Nothing worked. All keys
were dead. Unplugged the unit to turn it off. When I plugged it back in,
the unit powered up with an HDD ERR in the display.

The TV screen had the following message:
The Hard Disk Drive info is incorrect.
Use the Disk Setup Menu to reinitialize.

Does this mean I have to reformat to resume functionality?
What is the Disk Setup Menu?

Currently all the files are intact and can be played. But it won't let me
copy them to a DVD disk, or record any new programs.

I can't affor to lose all these files. Is there any way to recover without
reformatting the drive.

What should I do?

uH

.