Re: Osprey 210: Good?

"Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:u6-dna9gz91piIHanZ2dnUVZ_qelnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxx:

IMHO, one of the best reference design capture card
chipset is the one using the Philips SAA 7114H as the
decoder-A/D converter and the Broadcom BCM 7040
(Kfir-II) MPEG Encoder chip. The design was dropped
by most card makers when Tivo bought up most of the
production of the BCM 7040 chips for their Series 2
boxes.

There appear to be still some being made by V-One
Multimedia in their Snazzi* III series of cards:

http://www.snazzi.com/dvdcreator.asp

http://www.snazzishop.com/

Luck;
Ken

Thanks for the lead. I've sent an eMail to Snazzi to see what chip is
used on that card.

I also asked them if the MPEG encoder can be bypassed during capture. I
want to capture RAW and HuffYUV. So, if it's an MPEG only card, I'll
have to pass up the Snazzi even though it will break my heart to give up
that Philips chip.

I've seen some of the videos posted to UseNet from those hacked TiVo's.
No wonder TiVo nabbed the Philips/NEC chip. Those videos look good!

The card by Winnow that Vance has will capture to VFW codecs. That's one
thing that I need. I'm not sure what chips they use. Winnov seems to
indicate that they use their own propietary chip ... although that could
still mean that they use a Conexant design specified for themselves.

//rus\\

  • Re: Osprey 210: Good?
    ... The gen 1 1000 that I use alomst daily has a Philips SAA7113H: ... old now and Winnov may have changed things. ... I just ordered a used Winnov card from eBay for $20 just to "get a feel." ... It has a Xilinx chip from what I see in the pictures. ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • Re: Authenticated Public Key Exchange without Digital Certificates?
    ... to process a lost/stolen card report and deactivate the registered ... some number of chipcards have had infrastructure shared-secret keys ... note that the chip chosen for $300 credit limit accounts ... ... http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/aadsm16.htm#12 Difference between TCPA-Hardware and a smart card (was: example: secure computing kernel needed) ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: British house arrest for those not wanting ID card.
    ... subscription until they were reduced by half, ... The public have all the power in their hands, ... The ID card itself is in fact a cloak, they actually don't care if you ... having a chip placed under our skin "as the cards are always getting ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: chip and signature cards
    ... I emailed Bank #1, through their secure email, and was promptly offered ... a chip and sig card, told that my existing card had now been cancelled ... What arrived was a new Chip and PIN card, ...
    (uk.people.disability)
  • Re: British house arrest for those not wanting ID card.
    ... computers - not that I have anything to hide, ... subscription until they were reduced by half, ... The ID card itself is in fact a cloak, they actually don't care if you ... having a chip placed under our skin "as the cards are always getting ...
    (uk.legal)