Re: Studio 10 and jpg PIP question

In article <9CFEi.114$rw3.72@trndny04>, mccallmail@xxxxxxxxxxx says...

<me@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:ba66e31j5ndq94ej7d1ha3hk7nb6ce1ec6@xxxxxxxxxx
I cropped a jpg photo using Paint Shop Pro into an oval shape and then
copied it
and pasted it as a new image with transparent background.
If I paste the photo to just another photo then the background IS
transparent
and all you see is the oval image.
I want to do a PIP using this photo in Studio 10.
Problem is that the "transparent" background always shows up white and not
transparent.
I thought it would be transparent in Studio also.
What am I missing here?

Are you sure JPEG has transparency as an option?
I've never seen it,

Try using PNG, or even GIF.
Or check the Studio 10 documentation to see what formats it wants.
I usually use TGA or PSD (Photoshop), but I don't use Studio 10.

David

Jeff

For whatever reason, the OP did a multiple post of the same problem. You are
correct in that JPG does not accept transparency. PNG will for a full tonal-
range photo-image, and GIF will for a piece of artwork. I do not recall which
formats Pinnacle will use, but if it's only JPG, then one has to matte out the
white background. I doubt that it will handle PSDs, but that would be what I
would use in Premiere - also Adobe.

Hunt

  • Re: Studio 10 and jpg PIP question
    ... and pasted it as a new image with transparent background. ... If I paste the photo to just another photo then the background IS ... I want to do a PIP using this photo in Studio 10. ... correct in that JPG does not accept transparency. ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
[...]
    ... and pasted it as a new image with transparent background. ... If I paste the photo to just another photo then the background IS ... I want to do a PIP using this photo in Studio 10. ... "transparent" rectangle that just encloses the oval. ...
    (rec.video.desktop)