Transferring 8mm to digital?

I have an 8mm camcorder with man y many hours of tape I wish to
transfer to digital, but dont know how to get it on my computer so I
can digitize it. Does anyone have the answer? Is there a USB cable I
can order, or a new card with RCA jacks I have to buy? Wazza?
Thanks in advance for any help... ;-)

  • Re: Bit rate for "temporary storage" of 8mm
    ... For the short term I agree I can get a used camcorder but i don't want ... So the move from 8mm to minidv seems to be the longer ... term plan (or is there some other new and upcoming tape format?), ... If you get a Digital8 camcorder that plays your old 8mm, ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • Re: Analog Capture - Device vs. Digital camcorder Xfr
    ... The tapes were recorded on a basic Sony analog camcorder. ... I consider a video tape duplication service). ... will take the old 8mm analog tape and play it. ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • Re: Need new camera with HDD and external mic socket, UK
    ... "camcorder HD XLR" ... I like tape. ... Tape is still the standard of the professional industry, flash drives ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • Re: I just want to put 8mm Hi-8 onto DVD w/chapters
    ... 8mm camcorder tapes to DVD, to enable the family to view them. ... you have to convert the analog 8mm signal to digital by any one ... You can play your analog tape into a digital camcorder which can ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • Re: No Video from encoder
    ... It is working with no tape in the camcorder and using firewire cable ... PLAY mode (versus CAMERA mode, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.encoder)