Re: drop frames on capture

No other S/W running during capture other than native XP background
processes. Checked the CPU load and it is fine during capture. 250Gig
drive that is mirrored. Everything I have read so far points to the
hard drive as a possible congestion point. Maybe the mirrored drive is
causing the frame drops???

Richard Crowley wrote:
ira.rowlands wrote ...
I have a Sony miniDV and using firewire to capture to Premier Pro 2.0 I
get several drop frames over a few seconds of capture. I'm using a
Pentium 4 - 2.4Ghz with a Gig of RAM. The video plays back fine on
the
camera and the heads have been cleaned. Any ideas why I get the drop
frames?

What else is running on your computer?
Do you have a fast and clean disc that you
are capturing to?

  • Re: Capturing a single frame from a DVD
    ... Capturing single movie frames isn't something I usually need to do, ... not prevent single-frame capture. ... Using my laptop and an external DVD drive ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Capturing a single frame from a DVD
    ... > Capturing single movie frames isn't something I usually need to do, ... saving single frames ... > not prevent single-frame capture. ... Using my laptop and an external DVD drive ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Previewing video and capturing only certain frames to file
    ... switch reording to new capture file. ... open previous recorded file and collect and save all needed frames. ... after receiving next notification, switch recording to new capture file. ... after finished build avi from all saved frames. ...
  • Re: Hopefully someone here is familiar with video
    ... The problem with this is that it doesn't accurately capture the frames ... framerates the video runs at. ... capture at 120 fps since it's divisible by both 24 and 30. ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Interlaced signal with DSHOW/VMR-9. Re: VMR-9 capture fps limitation ?
    ... >> Also, if the Osprey card is using a BT8x8 capture chip, you may want to ... If you're getting dropped frames, generally the problem is that the ... renderer is connected to the capture pin on the capture filter instead ...