Re: JFK to Washington DC - train or air

"kt" <ktrevor@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My wife and I will be flying to JFK from Perth Western Australia,
> via Dubai. However we need to get to Washington DC (Air Emirates
> does not go to Washington). Would we be best just arranging a
> connecting flight when we originally book from Perth or catching the
> train (we understand that there is a Station at JFK itself) we would
> appreciate any advice.

The "train" at JFK is a shuttle that circles the terminals and goes out to
the Long Island RR or a subway stop close to the airport. You would
use the LIRR or subways to get to Pennsylvania Station in Manhattan,
where you would catch an Amtrak train to DC. It'd be much easier to
book a flight from JFK to DC, but you'll need to leave enuff time for a
delay in arrival, clearing immigration, changing terminals and checking
in -- 3-4 hours? Alternatively, you could taxi over to LaGuardia Airport
and catch an hourly air shuttle to DC. =R=

.