Re: JFK to Washington DC - train or air

"kt" <ktrevor@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My wife and I will be flying to JFK from Perth Western Australia,
> via Dubai. However we need to get to Washington DC (Air Emirates
> does not go to Washington). Would we be best just arranging a
> connecting flight when we originally book from Perth or catching the
> train (we understand that there is a Station at JFK itself) we would
> appreciate any advice.

The "train" at JFK is a shuttle that circles the terminals and goes out to
the Long Island RR or a subway stop close to the airport. You would
use the LIRR or subways to get to Pennsylvania Station in Manhattan,
where you would catch an Amtrak train to DC. It'd be much easier to
book a flight from JFK to DC, but you'll need to leave enuff time for a
delay in arrival, clearing immigration, changing terminals and checking
in -- 3-4 hours? Alternatively, you could taxi over to LaGuardia Airport
and catch an hourly air shuttle to DC. =R=

  • JFK to Washington DC - train or air
    ... My wife and I will be flying to JFK from Perth Western Australia, ... However we need to get to Washington DC (Air Emirates does not go to ...
    (rec.travel.usa-canada)
  • Re: Great Idea! Lets Build A High Speed Train
    ... Obama are playing with trains and $8 billion of our money to build ... themselves a nationwide train set just like the Europeans. ... Chicago, Washington, D.C., and more. ... Lemon called one animation of what high-speed rail could look like ...
    (alt.politics)
  • Re: New York Visit by Danny
    ... be able to spend a comfortable amount of time in Washington. ... although you'd better bring comfortable walking shoes (the photos show ... So, Danny, if you do plan to go, take a look at the Amtrak website to ... get a better idea of the train schedules and costs. ...
    (rec.music.beatles)
  • Re: JFK to Washington DC - train or air
    ... My wife and I will be flying to JFK from Perth Western Australia, via Dubai. ... However we need to get to Washington DC ... (provided you catch each train going in the right direction.). ... I am more familiar with the trains and believe me, I'd rather fly something like Air Train a budget airlines to DC then schlep my bags through all those connections. ...
    (rec.travel.usa-canada)
  • What nato has offered Trenton, NJ
    ... PLATFORMS AND TREATEN TRAIN LINES. ... Arsen all around city, in big part subsided today; ... STATION AND WASHINGTON MONUMENT POINTED AT MANY TIMES ... (ALL THAT BESIDERS MAKING FRENCH AS IF CARRYING THEIR GUILT) ...
    (soc.culture.europe)