Portugal pensions

About 25 years ago I travelled extensively in Portugal. When I would
get off a bus or train generally there would be locals waiting for
people like me and they would want to show me rooms in their houses
which they rented out. Does anyone have more recent experience with
this?

thanks

  • Re: Portugal pensions
    ... get off a bus or train generally there would be locals waiting for ... people like me and they would want to show me rooms in their houses ...
    (rec.travel.europe)
  • Re: Portugal pensions
    ... get off a bus or train generally there would be locals waiting for ... The last time I did this in Portugal was in Lagos in May 2007. ... no one at the train station, but we walked into town and were approached ...
    (rec.travel.europe)
  • Re: TR: 2007 England Coaster Tour (part 2 of 3)
    ... We found a big line at the bus ... rowdy group of kids went on the express bus for train ... It felt really great to walk right up and get that ride! ... Whenever I get a chance to return to Alton Towers, ...
    (rec.roller-coaster)
  • Chicago Transit 2010 Historical Calendar for Download
    ... TRANSPORTATION: TROLLEY TRAIN SUBWAY LIGHT RAIL BUS CITY: ... Chicago Transit Authority. ... nicknamed PCC cars for the Presidents Conference Committee. ...
    (uk.railway)
  • Re: Our Turkish Experience
    ... and the one the independent travelers like us encounter. ... Begging in Turkey seemed mainly confined to bus and train stations and was similar to that in Greece and very different from the pestering persistent beggars of North African countries. ... All the accommodation we had from a Pension at £3 a night in Selcuk to the average £8 a night hotel was good apart from a dreadful damp room in a hotel in Istanbul recommended by the Flight Broker we had booked our flights with. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)