Samsonite telescope handle jammed

The telescopic handle on my wife's Samsonite carry-on jammed open in the extended position last week in the middle of a business trip, I've just spent the last few hours trying to fix it without success.
The lining material unzips to reveal the base of the telescopic tubes inside the case, to get any further I had to remove the handle and several screws to reveal the problem - in the extended position two locking pins pop out of the sides of the tubes inside the case, and no amount of lube, pushing or shuffling gets the mechanism working again. Any more disassembly means virtually tearing the case to pieces.
This is really frustrating, and it looks like we'll have to get a replacement, although it's not even two years old. Does anyone have recommendations? Need a carry-on size with four wheels and separate sections for documents and clothes. I used to think Samsonite was the best, but not any longer.

  • Re: Samsonite telescope handle jammed
    ... extended position last week in the middle of a business trip, ... spent the last few hours trying to fix it without success. ... The lining material unzips to reveal the base of the telescopic tubes ...
    (rec.travel.europe)
  • Re: Samsonite telescope handle jammed
    ... extended position last week in the middle of a business trip, I've just spent the last few hours trying to fix it without success. ... The lining material unzips to reveal the base of the telescopic tubes inside the case, to get any further I had to remove the handle and several screws to reveal the problem - in the extended position two locking pins pop out of the sides of the tubes inside the case, and no amount of lube, pushing or shuffling gets the mechanism working again. ... Magellan's most recent catalog featured some attractive and colorful soft-sided luggage from a French manufacturer. ...
    (rec.travel.europe)
  • Re: Samsonite telescope handle jammed
    ... extended position last week in the middle of a business trip, ... The lining material unzips to reveal the base of the telescopic tubes ... pushing or shuffling gets the mechanism working again. ... so much to do with the telescopic tubes, ...
    (rec.travel.europe)
  • Re: Samsonite telescope handle jammed
    ... extended position last week in the middle of a business trip, ... The lining material unzips to reveal the base of the telescopic tubes ... locking pins pop out of the sides of the tubes inside the case, ... pushing or shuffling gets the mechanism working again. ...
    (rec.travel.europe)
  • Re: Samsonite telescope handle jammed
    ... extended position last week in the middle of a business trip, ... The lining material unzips to reveal the base of the telescopic tubes ... Only two wheels though. ... just scuffed) Pierre Cardin carry-on but I don't think they ...
    (rec.travel.europe)