The Bahn Card from hell

I just thought to mention a salutary tale here. Last year my father bought a train ticket at a German rail station and the clerk persuaded him to get a Bahn Card as well. So far so good. A year later a new Bahn card arrived in the post with a letter thanking him for renewing the card together with a bill for the renewal. (40 Euros IIRC). As he didn't want one any more, he sent it back with a letter saying he was no longer interested. The following week, a replacement card arrived with a letter acknowledging the cancellation for 2013, and a final demand for the card for 2012. He sent this back as well. Two weeks later yet another replacement card arrived, along with a bill from a debt collection agency with a demand for 88 Euros.

  • Re: Greedy corrupt Brussels suits.
    ... levying this bill, not storm their offices and threaten ... and when it's accompanied by a demand for immediate payment in full. ... It is totally clear that the demand is 100% legal and justifiable. ... So, according to you, it will have a direct effect on each and every one of us, but that effect won't be tangible. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: shop electrical question
    ... >in the shop at all, since I have a rotary phase converter... ... You can more than likely do a bit better on the overall power bill, ... But on 3-phase services they often not only measure the KWH used, ... but also the peak KW demand, averaged out over a 1-hour period IIRC. ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: Quiting statin drugs
    ... > Bill wrote: ... >> disputed the reliability of muscle biopsy. ... > This not reversing causes me to not be able to properly look after ... I made no demand of you whatsoever. ...
    (sci.med.cardiology)
  • Re: Victorious Victoria
    ... demand around here. ... Bring some to The Valley. ... Bill P. ... Max would be obliged to sleep with DOG. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: Quiting statin drugs
    ... >> reversing is what people need to know, because for many it does not ... >> Why do you cling to this so tenatiously Bill? ... >> muscle pain? ... > I made no demand of you whatsoever. ...
    (sci.med.cardiology)