Re: AW: Europe road trip: places to avoid car theft/vandalism

On 2008-05-02 07:25:39 -0500, "Turan Fettahoglu" <turan.fe@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:

Avoid the UK unless you have a hungry rottweiler in the passenger seat.

There is left-hand traffic in the UK, which means a car from the Continent has the steering wheel on the wrong side and is less likely to be stolen.

Right, I would agree, but I have already travelled extensively in Britain and this trip would actually be Continental, only (should've mentioned that originally).

I would avoid the former East block or take a not-so-posh old rattletrap car instead of a Porsche.

I figured as much about the East, but what do you figure regarding Croatia and the Czech Republic?

Thanks very much!

--
Dan Stephenson
Photos, movies, panos from the Europe, USA, plus N.Z.:

(remove nospam from email address to reply via email)

  • Re: 1994 Mazda Miata 45,000 miles
    ... Were it on this continent & had the steering wheel on the correct side I ... Nooks like a nice car. ...
    (rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata)
  • Re: placing layers within layers/objects within objects
    ... I needed to place some photos inside the major continents of the ... I brought in each continent from Illy and they were all on their own ... correct...i think it was a simple key stroke that linked the layers ... I think it was using a clipping path. ...
    (alt.graphics.photoshop)
  • Re: placing layers within layers/objects within objects
    ... graphics grunt wrote: ... I brought in each continent from Illy and they were all on their own layers. ... I then used copy and "paste into" to get the photos inside each continent. ... IF i am correct...i think it was a simple key stroke that linked the layers together and i could easily edit afterwards. ...
    (alt.graphics.photoshop)
  • placing layers within layers/objects within objects
    ... in a snap...but yesterday i drew a complete blank. ... I brought in each continent from Illy and they were all on their own layers. ... I then used copy and "paste into" to get the photos inside each continent. ...
    (alt.graphics.photoshop)
  • Re: Visa photos - can you get these at any picture machine?
    ... > specifically, is if one is planning to wander around a continent, and ... > wants to go from country to country. ... > countries require lots of photos for visas. ... I've never had my photos rejected, even by the impossibly officious consular ...
    (rec.travel.asia)