Re: AW: Europe road trip: places to avoid car theft/vandalism

On 2008-05-02 07:25:39 -0500, "Turan Fettahoglu" <turan.fe@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:

Avoid the UK unless you have a hungry rottweiler in the passenger seat.

There is left-hand traffic in the UK, which means a car from the Continent has the steering wheel on the wrong side and is less likely to be stolen.

Right, I would agree, but I have already travelled extensively in Britain and this trip would actually be Continental, only (should've mentioned that originally).

I would avoid the former East block or take a not-so-posh old rattletrap car instead of a Porsche.

I figured as much about the East, but what do you figure regarding Croatia and the Czech Republic?

Thanks very much!

Dan Stephenson
Photos, movies, panos from the Europe, USA, plus N.Z.:

(remove nospam from email address to reply via email)