Re: April Cruises
- From: Ermalee <ehm.369.@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 11:47:36 -0500
Clint, we need to see you on the Feb 8th sailing.
We're looking at the Soultice im March....
"William W. Wright" <wwwdenville@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:49618d67$0$14318$607ed4bc@xxxxxxxxx
check out the Celebrity Summit -- I'm taking the 4/4 cruise and the prices are amazing .
"Tom K" <tkanitra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:495fc18a$0$14275$607ed4bc@xxxxxxxxx
"BD" <noone@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:MBN7l.2840$BC4.735@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have been looking for a cruise for myself and 3 kids in April '09. My kids are 15 year old twin boys and a 9 year old girl. My question for experienced cruisers on this board (we did cruise on RCCL last Christmas).Which RCI ship were you on last time? Was it something new like Voyager class or Freedom class. The Fantasy is nearly 20 years old at this point. It's a rather dated design. There are almost no balconies. Life boats are up near the pool deck, which they don't do anymore. Not many bells and whistles compared to new ships with ice skating rinks, rock walls, mini golf courses, etc. The Carnival ships which get the best reviews are the Spirit Class ships. This ship is 3 generations older. They're moving those older ships to the secondary markets. If you were on one of the newest RCI ships last time, Fantasy could be a bit of a disappointment. Unless the ship itself isn't that important to you.
1. Since I am flexible should I wait a little longer to see if prices go down for last minute pricing?
2. I'm leaving from Pittsburgh, so airfares add quite a bit. I saw a Carnival cruise on the Fantasy leaving from N. Orleans where the airfare is ony $399 person. This is a 5 night W. Carribean with stops at Progresso and Cozumel. The total price would be under $4.000.00. Any thoughts?
As to pricing, there are frequently opportunities for last minute pricing specials, but if you're looking at one of the adjacent Easter weeks - that could be different. Those weeks tend to price higher and sell out quicker. And with last minute pricing you risk not being able to find reasonable air. So that's always a delicate trade off. Also with air, it's almost always cheaper to do air separately (not through the cruise line).
Thanks for the info Tom. We will be traveling the first week of April which is Spring break in our school district. We traveled on the Navigator of the Seas. Maybe I will continue to look for other cruise.
- Re: April Cruises
- From: Jeff
- Re: April Cruises
- Prev by Date: Re: April Cruises
- Next by Date: Re: April Cruises
- Previous by thread: Re: April Cruises
- Next by thread: Re: April Cruises