Re: Norwalk virus on the Pacific Princess?
- From: "Reef Fish" <RabbitFE@xxxxxxx>
- Date: 17 Jun 2006 06:37:58 -0700
The cow and were on that ship, but never got ill, I guess, because all the
alcohol killed the baxreia! haha
On questioning the crew member manning the coffee pot handle, I was
told that there was an outbreak of the Norwalk virus last week on the
ship, but so far there has not been any announcement of any cases
this week, though there were some rumors about it.
"Reef Fish" <RabbitFE@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
Nothing was said or announced, but here are some very good signs
that it may have broken out but kept in control:
1. The cabins were not ready for occupancy until 2 pm because
they were fumigated. The late occupancy had never happened
to me on any of the Grand (3000+) and Medium (1900+) ships
and there are less than 600 passengers on this cruise.
2. The buffet dining crew is very insistent that everyone's hands
are sanitized before entering the line.
3. Every piece of food, even a pad of foiled wrapped butter was
served, and no passenger is allowed to touch ANYTHING in the
hot or cold food counter, except picking up a glass of orange
juice or boxes of cereal.
4. On several occasions, there was a server at the coffee and hot
water dispensing machines, not allowing anyone to touch the
handle of the coffee dispenser!
5. In the Captain's cocktail reception, it was announced that
neither the Captain now any of the crew would shake anyone's
Given the above, especially items 3-5, which were a FIRST on
all 17 cruises I've taken on Princess ships, if they don't point to
some crew or passenger having gotten the Norwalk virus, they
are clearly the most stringent pre-caution for any such outbreak.
Two countries down (Thailand and Malaysia). Five more to go
(Singapore, Vietnam, China, Japan, and Korea).
- Prev by Date: Crown Princess in Grand Turk today!
- Next by Date: Re: Carnival Corp Reports Earnings!
- Previous by thread: Re: Norwalk virus on the Pacific Princess?
- Next by thread: Re: Norwalk virus on the Pacific Princess?