Re: Three Workers Killed on Monarch of the Sea
- From: Dillon Pyron <dmpyronINVALID@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 20:19:09 GMT
Thus spake "number6" <snumber6@xxxxxxx> :
>> Latest is the three men killed were common crew and not the doctors who
>> responded. In total, 20 crewmembers were treated at several hospitals
>> in the area. Per the fire department, it was Hydrogen Sulfide gas that
>> caused the deaths. Sorry, I don't know if Hydrogen Sulfide and Methane
>> are the same.
>> The report also stated that the Coast Guard believed that Monarch would
>> be out to sea tomorrow at 6 AM at the earliest, but may be longer due
>> to the investigation and repairs...
>Now that makes sense ... hydrogen sulfide is many times more lethal
>than Cyanide ... Usually though, the smell of below lethal levels is so
>bad one leaves ... the problem is that one is easily desensitized to
>the smell ... and lethal levels are not apparent until too late ...
In the oil patch, the philosophy is that if you can smell it you're
I get royalties from a gas well that, until about a year ago, wasn't
Pain is Nature's way of saying "that was stupid"
- Prev by Date: Re: Carnival decides Elation bookings to be sacrificed
- Next by Date: Re: OT: Fuel Costs
- Previous by thread: Re: Three Workers Killed on Monarch of the Sea
- Next by thread: Re: Three Workers Killed on Monarch of the Sea