Re: What's the advantage of Polar flight ?
- From: "glenn P" <lechmich@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 07:38:46 +1000
Hehehe, FS2004 again.... Let the insanity begin.
"Charles Newman" <charlesnewman1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
"nobody" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
If there is a direct flight from Athens,Greece to Tokyo , what's
shortest way ? Over Turkey , central Asia and China or Over Eastern
Europe and The North Pole ?
It isn't even close to a polar flight.
JFK to SIN is as close to a true polar flight as you'll see right now.
And it doesn't quite pass over the pole.
JFK to SIN actually flies quite south of the pole.
Using the high-altitude airways option of
FS2004, I get a route that goes northwest away
from JFK, and has its northernmost point over
northern Yukon, before going southwest, flying
over Alaska, down over the Kamchatka Peninsula,
over Japan, then going inbetween Taiwan and
the Phillipines, and the over the South China
Sea, and into Singapore, for a total distance
of 8,854 nautical miles (10288 statute miles).
- Prev by Date: Re: Filthy airplanes
- Next by Date: Re: Filthy airplanes
- Previous by thread: Travel Easy Everywhere with VoIP Phone works like a mobile phone - no PC is required!
- Next by thread: Re: What's the advantage of Polar flight ?