Re: Taking a unicycle vert??

skroboskim wrote:

and make ... say a 5' ramp w/ about 6" of vert??
and i don't think slippage would be a problem because your momentum
will still be going forward (the same reason you would be
perpendicular to the vert face)

after pedeling up 5' of quarter pipe, my momentum was gone. wheel
slipage is a giant problem. i think the better uni choice would be a
3' kiddy-pipe with no vert, just very sloped. (just came to me) if you
fall down you're 5' pipe with 6" vert, you're not going to slip down
the ramp like a skater, you're going to bottom out and a uni may hit
you in the head. if you get out to that ramp, wear all the pads you
can find, and maybe stuff your shirt with pillows. and do not even
attempt that if you can't film it and let us watch. same goes for all
of you. there's no reason you can't film half pipe attempts, ask some
stakers mom to hold a camera while you throw yourself off the lip, if
she asks why, tell her that your life just isn't worth living anymore.
good luck though.

--
joshuni

president of the norml uni sect
"canadaneesses (ka-nA-dan-E-cez) are cool, if you think otherwise then
go sit on a trout and spin. when you reach the tail, the ride is
over." -me 'cause FHM took a shot at the homies. (canada, please give
me citizenship to your fine country)
joshuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11670

  • Re: Some propellantless propulsion fun
    ... me showing any such calculations to back it up. ... It is classical physics. ... The momentum transfered will be the same if the ... The whole point of this is to allow the motion of the pipe. ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: My friend Newton laughs at Tom Roberts Synchrotron Radiation
    ... Momentum is conserved. ... Linear momentum is not conserved in an orbit. ... Idiotic for the same reason. ... negative acceleration". ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: Some propellantless propulsion fun
    ... me showing any such calculations to back it up. ... It is classical physics. ... The momentum transfered will be the same if the ... the propellor is anchored to the pipe wall in some fashion ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: Some propellantless propulsion fun
    ... me showing any such calculations to back it up. ... It is classical physics. ... The momentum transfered will be the same if the ... The whole point of this is to allow the motion of the pipe. ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: Some propellantless propulsion fun
    ... There is no loss of conservation of momentum Greg, ... Nothing wrong with the conservation of momentum at all. ... Force water start to spin around a pipe, ... The water will not stop the spin rate of the pipe. ...
    (sci.physics)