Whispers dog Gus' crowned world's ugliest dog
- From: Dave Hazelwood <the_big_kahuna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 02:14:43 GMT
Gus' crowned world's ugliest dog
Gus, winner of the world's ugliest dog contest
Gus's owners say they plan to spend the prize money on cancer
A three-legged, one-eyed, cancer-afflicted dog named Gus has been
crowned the World's Ugliest Dog at a fair in California.
Gus, a Chinese Crested dog, beat allcomers to take the title at the
Owner Jeanenne Teed, from Florida, said she would spend the $1,600
prize on treatment for Gus's skin cancer.
The competition has been running for 20 years, and is one of the
fair's top attractions, organisers said.
Vicki DeArmon, marketing director of the fair, said that in the past
few years, winners had been dogs that had been abandoned or neglected
before being adopted by dog-lovers.
"They may look hard to love, but apparently they are not. I've never
seen dogs better cared for," she added.
Gus was rescued from a bad home.
One of his legs was amputated as a consequence of his skin tumour.
He lost an eye to a tomcat in a fight.
- Prev by Date: It's simply written in the stars that Federer will not win Wimbledon 2008
- Next by Date: Re: was the wimbly grass slower or faster from 1976 to 81
- Previous by thread: It's simply written in the stars that Federer will not win Wimbledon 2008
- Next by thread: Re: Whispers dog Gus' crowned world's ugliest dog