Re: Clijsters "was" injured (Was: Clijsters claims injury problems)

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 16:54:40 GMT, "gp calliauw"
<geert.calliauw@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>"Luke Croll" <Lukecroll@xxxxxxxxx> schreef in bericht
>> Haven't seen this mentioned in a separate thread, but I guess I
>> could
>> have missed it:
>>
>> http://www.sport.be/kimclijsters/eng/nieuws/kimsdagboek/
>>
>> I haven't heard any mention of a shinbone problem before and she
>> certainly didn't have problems at Hasselt.
>
>It was most definitely in the news. It was also on TV here.
>Do you remember her ending up in the courtside shrubbery at the LA
>event this summer? Something similar happened in Hasselt two weeks
>ago. During the semi-finals of the doubles tournaments on Saturday
>evening she was chasing a wide ball, had to jump over the side
>boarding and hit a camera with her shinbone. Her shin was literally
>cut to the bone (the story is that she asked the guy who treated
>her' "What's the white stuff there?", and he replied, "That's the
>bone" and then she felt all queasy). There were seriuos doubts about
>her playing the final the next day until a couple of hours
>beforehand.
>Obviuosly the story wasn't very well known. I heard the Eurosport
>commentators who where puzzled about the bandage around her right
>leg and thought something was wrong with a calf muscle.

I read something about the camera incident, but didn't know the whole
story.

>I changed your heading because it is misleading. Clijsters "was"
>injured.
>Also I haven't seen or heard any interview where she claims that
>this particular injury influenced her play.

Yes, the subject was misleading, she didn't claim injuries affected
her play in LA. Just the jet lag and general tiredness :-)

  • Re: If This Had Been Your Daughter...
    ... And that Dupont 60% leaves teeth and bone with marrow..it doesnt vaporize ... some road kill. ... Making sure other people play nice and dont kill each other ... off in job lots is hardly empire building, ...
    (misc.survivalism)
  • Re: Arm problem
    ... Bad news is it's a tumour...benign but eating into the bone. ... I have no idea when or maybe if I'll ever be able to play again. ... managed to keep playing all through this problem. ... Play the damned bass with your teeth like a ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: Arm problem
    ... Bad news is it's a tumour...benign but eating into the bone. ... I have no idea when or maybe if I'll ever be able to play again. ... managed to keep playing all through this problem. ... Play the damned bass with your teeth like a ...
    (alt.guitar.bass)
  • Re: OUCH!!
    ... that little bone at the tip. ... The good news is he just bought a guitar and wants to learn to play so ... CDs, NEW: eBooks, Free Online Lessons ... Free Online Articles, Performance Schedule & more... ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: nips pics and cops
    ... I'd also suggest you bone up on AP Herbert's 'Misleading Cases' before composing your confession. ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)