Re: What are the best ear plugs?

On Sep 30, 9:59 am, "Alt Beer" <exam...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for ear plugs for use while recreational
swimming at the local indoor pool.  I sometimes get painful ear infections
as a result getting water in my ears and would like to try some ear plugs..
Googleing seems to suggest that a lot of plugs are painful, leaky, quickly
fall out, uncomfortable to insert and remove, don't fit properly etc

I heard a comment by a competition swimmer on the radio a while back that
any pro swimmers who use ear plugs usually use a particular brand but I
don't
remember the name of the brand.

Rather than trying out lots of different brands myself, can anyone recommend
a brand or type of ear plug which is effective, comfortable, easy to use and
which will fit different shapes and sizes of ear?

Thanks

If my ears get cold, they ache and I sometimes get infections. I wear
plugs so that my ears won't hurt. Same with riding. If it gets below
60, I have to cover my years. I wear anyting and it works fine. Cotton
balls, ear plugs for sleeping and rubber plugs all work fine. I don't
like wax ear plugs.

  • Protect your hearing in the truck
    ... I saw that a couple of other drivers were discussing tinnitus and hearing ... loss. ... dozen or more types and brands of hearing protection from the ear muff ... foam ear plugs made by AO Safety and available at the link below. ...
    (misc.transport.trucking)
  • Re: Protect your hearing in the truck
    ... > tinnitus or constant ringing in the ears. ... > dozen or more types and brands of hearing protection from the ear muff ... > the very expensive active noise canceling or anti-noise headsets. ... > foam ear plugs made by AO Safety and available at the link below. ...
    (misc.transport.trucking)
  • Re: Playing loud!!!!???!!!
    ... ear it sounded much louder and mushier again. ... last time I played with the guy running the jam, so it's a few years ago. ... going to avoid the loud jams. ... With my ear plugs you still hear enough of "normal" talk. ...
    (uk.music.guitar)
  • Re: What are the best ear plugs?
    ... I sometimes get painful ear infections ... as a result getting water in my ears and would like to try some ear plugs. ... remember the name of the brand. ...
    (rec.sport.swimming)
  • Re: Looking for stage vocal mic in the UK
    ... agree that ear defender's and plugs are not needed in an ideal world when ... but i can not get this crisp sound in a live setting. ... > I have never used ear defending ear plugs in my life [except when ... > regular club gig with a Fender Twin Reverb at horrendous level...see what ...
    (rec.music.makers.songwriting)