Re: Witch Hazel to prevent swimmers ear?

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 09:33:51 -0500, "Pat in TX" <Pat@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

<me@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
If I put a few drops in my ear after getting out of the
pool..... would it be a safe thing to do?

What most people do is make a solution of rubbing alcohol and vinegar. The
alcohol dries out the ear canal and the vinegar makes it an acidic
environment. The actual proportions are not critical. Just buy a little
squeeze bottle and fill it up about half and half.

Pat in TX

Yep, both my swimmers (grand kids) know to stop in the kitchen for
their ear cocktail before going any further.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, Tx
Home: http://davidclary.com

  • Re: removing rust
    ... I knew it contained phosphoric acid. ... It also contains a gel and rubbing alcohol. ... I've had some success with vinegar and with vinegar and salt. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Ear infection - prevention
    ... Read on the net that a mixture of 1 part vinegar with 1 part rubbing alcohol ... Having just got over an infection (oral antiobiotics for 5 days plus ... will probably jsut be a way of introducing more water, and won't dry the ear ...
    (rec.sport.swimming)
  • Re: Witch Hazel to prevent swimmers ear?
    ... What most people do is make a solution of rubbing alcohol and vinegar. ... alcohol dries out the ear canal and the vinegar makes it an acidic ... Pat in North Texas ...
    (rec.sport.swimming)
  • Re: Witch Hazel to prevent swimmers ear?
    ... We always check for that vinegar smell when we kiss the kids goodnight. ... tough cases of swimmers ears and they don't need to be reminded much. ... What most people do is make a solution of rubbing alcohol and vinegar. ...
    (rec.sport.swimming)
  • Re: how safe are pickled beetroots
    ... their pickled betroots safe to keep. ... pickles. ... If the vinegar solution is strong enough pickled beets will be ... refer to vinegar pickling solution as brine, ...
    (rec.food.cooking)