Re: Witch Hazel to prevent swimmers ear?

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 09:33:51 -0500, "Pat in TX" <Pat@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

<me@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
If I put a few drops in my ear after getting out of the
pool..... would it be a safe thing to do?

What most people do is make a solution of rubbing alcohol and vinegar. The
alcohol dries out the ear canal and the vinegar makes it an acidic
environment. The actual proportions are not critical. Just buy a little
squeeze bottle and fill it up about half and half.

Pat in TX

Yep, both my swimmers (grand kids) know to stop in the kitchen for
their ear cocktail before going any further.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, Tx
Home: http://davidclary.com

.