Re: Barcelona v. America

"Jeff Edwards" <paranoianospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Xns981B5D803474Dparanoianospamsbcglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"John Shocked" <jshocked@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
2jBCg.16479$RD.14473@fed1read08:">news:2jBCg.16479$RD.14473@fed1read08:
Amazing. If this match really happened, it was not televised in the
US. I even checked the pay tv channels.
Um...OK. Fox Soccer Channel, last night, 9:30-11:30 PM central. And, yes,
that would be in the US.
-Jeff

Maybe they scheduled this at the last minute. Out here on the west coast,
2 hours behind the time in Central,
FSC (which is a pay channel, which most US people who have cable do not receive)
reported that they would show
6pm (60 minutes) English league soccer preview
7pm (60 minutes) Fox Sports World Report
8pm (120 minutes) Classic Soccer (likely some match from decades ago)
10pm (60 minutes) Fox Sports World Report
11pm (120 minutes) Classic Soccer (another golden oldie)

They would have had to preempt one of these reported shows
to show the Barcelona vs America match, at the last minute,
since I just performed a fresh download today of station
reported schedules for the week, which includes yesterday's schedule.

John

  • Re: AES Show Report
    ... I have found that a lot of the people here do things as friends without much ... In the case of Mike or some other RAP reporter going to shows, ... And certainly no sponsor would pay for all that Mike has ... and post a daily report before I went to bed. ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: Providiots trying to raise my interest again and rant
    ... Good...now pay off all those cards! ... > Checked my report. ... >>>not really a big deal money wise. ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • A Way to Get a Raise; What You Contribute to When you Buy Chinese
    ... Foxconn to raise workers' wages by 20%, ... The proposed pay rise comes after a series of suicides at Foxconn's ... Ten employees have committed suicide at Longhua in 2010 and another ... Packard and Dell earlier in the week, according to an AFP report. ...
    (misc.news.internet.discuss)
  • Happy Labor Day: The average CEO makes 364 time the average worker
    ... report on the excesses of CEO pay. ... This year's report -- Executive Excess 2007: ... Cost of U.S. Business Leadership -- found that "top executives ... close a tax loophole that allows corporations to deduct excessive CEO ...
    (rec.martial-arts)