Re: 1996 cat 550 no spark question

Could be a number of things really Brian...

One possibility may be a bad coil on the stator...... there are two coils
usually... one for lighting and the other is the "primary" coil for
ignition... if the primary coil is bad then the sled will never fire up....
http://www.brownsleisureworld.com/Parts/Images/0728/0728-804_s.gif

With that being said you should also make sure your CDI and ignition coil is
good......
http://www.brownsleisureworld.com/Parts/Images/0730/0730-866_s.gif

A service manual may be what you should start with so you know just
where things should be at when you test them......
http://cgi.ebay.com/ARCTIC-CAT-SERVICE-MANUAL-1996-Z-440_W0QQitemZ8020870773QQcategoryZ6032QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This one for auction is for a 440 but if you keep checking or check with
your Cat dealer they may have one you could buy or borrow...... maybe
someone has one they could photo copy a few pages for you......
I picked one up for my sons 93 EXT 550 and it has really helped me out of a
few jams...... I JUST ordered a 2003 service manual/CD for our two 2003
sleds........ NEVER too much info.....

I hope this helps.

Jeff B In Maine

"Brian" <talkfat44@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I have a 1996 ac cougar 550 with a no spark of course when getting
> ready for snow it was running fine.
> now that there is snow it wont run any sugestions as to what it could be?
> Thanks in advance
> Brian

  • Re: 555 timer help
    ... make an ignition coil for my new turbing engine, ... a 555 timer, and an ignition coil. ... nice spark when used as a relay to put the 12 volts into the ignition ... A coil driver IGBT costs a buck or two and will last forever in this ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)
  • Re: 555 timer help
    ... make an ignition coil for my new turbing engine, ... a 555 timer, and an ignition coil. ... nice spark when used as a relay to put the 12 volts into the ignition ... and I believe that a 555 timer ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: 2002 Low Rider Wont Start
    ... guessing it's either the ignition coil, ... TIA for any info tips suggestions, ... ci Daily Rider Nice Weather; 02 FXDX 88 ci Daily Rider Other Weather ... Coil problem does sound like it could be the cause. ...
    (rec.motorcycles.harley)
  • Re: VW Bora EPC warning
    ... - it could be a blown coil pack. ... > or reduced engine performance. ... > affected vehicles as this is not a safety related issue. ... > This type of ignition system uses an ignition coil for each cylinder. ...
    (uk.rec.cars.maintenance)
  • was.. 1961? Johnson 90 HP Engine...Now: ideas on how to get running?
    ... I took the ignition coil off and to the auto parts store. ... I took the ignition wire from the coil to the distributor off. ... I think the wood under the flooring is rooted out. ...
    (rec.boats)