Evgeny Pluschenko interview - "Buttle looked good, but I think I can beat them"

Translation of an interview by Maria Remizova (MR)
printed in the Russian language publication
"Komsomolskaya Pravda" on March 27, 2008.

Evgeny Pluschenko (EP), the famous figure skater told
this reporter about his personal life and his plans for a
return to big sport.

MR - You are coming back to big sport. Are you getting
ready for the Olympics?

EP - Of course I am getting ready for competition.

MR - Whom do you see as the real competitors in figure
skating?

EP - I was watching the Worlds recently and saw that
there were some good skaters. I was rooting for the guy
from Japan, but he ended up in fourth place. Our skater,
Voronov, was not bad. I was surprised by how badly
Lambiel was skating. Buttle looked good, but I think I
can beat them.

MR - Do you have any good luck charms?

EP - No, I do not, just my cross and an icon.

MR - You seem to have lost a lot of weight lately.

EP - It is not enough. I just started losing weight. I am
playing tennis and hockey.

MR - Where do you like to rest?

EP - I like St. Petersburg. I am building a house with a
steam room in the suburbs. Also I like to ride a
motorbike.

MR - You recently got divorced. Do you see your son?

EP - Of course I see him.

MR - What gifts do you give him?

EP - I brought him a child?s car and he drives it and
even knows how to park. From Japan, I brought him a
samurai sward. He started walking at about 9 months and
now easily climbs up to the third floor. He already says
"papa".

MR - In your last interview to our paper you said that
you met your new love and you would not rule out that you
may get married this year. But you did not tell us the
name of your chosen one. Will you have a lavish wedding
like your first one, or you will marry in secret?

EP - I will have a great wedding and hope that it will be
in St. Petersburg. It will be a celebration for all of my
friends, since I did not invite many of my friends to my
first wedding.

Currently Evgeny has been seen going out with a pretty
blond, the producer of famous Russian singer Dima Bilan,
named Jana Rudkovsky. The loving eyes of Pluschenko are
speaking loudly of his feelings for her. They met about a
year ago. They started going out in public together only
after the divorce of Pluschenko. There are rumers that
they want to legalize their relations by the end of this
year. Evgeny is 26 years younger than Jana?s current
husband. She claims that Evgeny became her reliable
friend. Until now Pluschenko and Rudkovskaja were not
publicizing their relations, since she was still married.
Her husband, Victor Baturin, postponed their divorce till
mid April. Jana claimed that her husband has a very tough
character. It is not a secret that Jana is a very
mysterious woman. She has a lot of admirers in show
business and that was why some gossiped that it was not
clear what drove her to divorce - feelings for
Pluschenko, or just PR.
.

Quantcast