Re: Query rules reference yesterday's match - arrival at the tackle.
- From: John Hill <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 14:10:40 +0100
On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 13:37:48 +0100, "Tim W" <tim.wnosp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Looking at yesterdays ireland- England match here:I had a general impression of the gate only being properly applied
at about 1:30 Tuilagi has picked up the long loose throw and hared off down
the pitch to be tackled by Murphy. Next man to arrive is Irish No8
(heaslip?) who sees tuilagi about to try to pass off the ground and stops in
front of him and waves his arms around before getting pushed over by
This isn't a sour grapes issue because we won after all but I said to my
mate when I saw it "wtf? he isn't allowed to be offside waving his arms
around trying to get in the way" My Pal said he wasn't offside he could be
where he wants because a tackler plus tackled doesn't constitute a ruck or
maul so there is no offside line. But I thought you had to go round and get
involved from the right side, putting yourself behind the ball? In fact I am
sure you do, don't you?
once (penalty against Thompson) and the tackler not rolling away for
many of the holding on penalties.Might just be my one eyed view.
- Prev by Date: Re: Wayne Barnes
- Next by Date: Re: World Cup Wobbles
- Previous by thread: Query rules reference yesterday's match - arrival at the tackle.
- Next by thread: Re: Query rules reference yesterday's match - arrival at the tackle.