UK 'Points' System
- From: vetc1x@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 23:49:18 -0700 (PDT)
Still much discussion about the UK 'points' system for racing, despite
this year's changes in the Rules of Racing.
My (semi-serious) suggestion; 'conkers'.
For bewildered non-UK readers, in the British (?English) game of
conkers (played with the nuts from the Horse Chestnut tree), every
time time you win a game you gain a point, PLUS the points that your
So if I start with a 'novice' conker, and beat a 'fiver', then my
conker becomes a 'sixer'.
Same principle for regattas - and at multi-lane events you could gain
points even if you didn't win outright.
Mind you, winning at conkers requires you to (literally) destroy your
opposition - maybe a bit extreme for racing shells - maybe the Greeks
in their triremes had it right.
- Prev by Date: Re: dis-heartening Saturday
- Next by Date: Re: dis-heartening Saturday
- Previous by thread: dis-heartening Saturday
- Next by thread: Re: UK 'Points' System