Re: OT: Steven Seagal Was Right!!!!!

Has anyone ever seen the 1994 movie "On Deadly Ground" featuring Steven
Seagal?? Seagal plays "Forest Taft", a guy who works with the Eskimos in
Alaska to stop an evil oil company that is dumping toxic waste and waste
oil in the ocean.

The movie is not one of the greatest ever, but the last 5-10 minutes
more than makes up for it, when Seagal gives a speech that still rings
true today.

Actor Steven Seagal, who is not only a 7th degree Black Belt in Akido
karate, but a big environmentalist as well, gives a speech about how the
evil oil companies polute our environment, as well as don't want us to
drive electric cars that can get 100's of miles per gallon, because then
they won't make their BILLIONS of dollars per year off us.

Here is his speech below, word-for-word from the movie. Hard to believe
that this is from 1994, and it's all still true TODAY!!!!!

Maybe Mr. Seagal should run for President!?

Closing scene: Speech given at Alaska State Capitol building in Steven
Seagal movie, "On Deadly Ground."

"I'd like to start out by saying 'thank you' to all the brothers and
sisters who have come here representing this cause.

I've been asked by Mr. Itaka and the Tribal Counsel to speak to you and
the members of the Press about the injustice that has been brought
against us by the government and big business.

How many of you out there have heard of 'alternate engines' -- engines
that can run on anything from alcohol to garbage or water; or
carburetors that can get 100s of miles to the gallon, or electric or
magnetic engines that can practically run forever? You haven't heard
about them because if they were come into use, they [would] put the oil
companies out of business.

The concept of the combustion engine has been obsolete for over 50
years, but because of the oil cartels and corrupt government
regulations, we in the rest of the world have been forced to use
gasoline for over 100 years.

Big business is primarily responsible for destroying the water we drink,
the air we breath, and the food we eat. They have no cure for the world
they've destroyed. [They care] only for the money they make in the
process.

How many oil spills can we endure? Millions and millions of gallons of
oil are now destroying the ocean and the many forms of life they
support. Among these is Plankton, which supplies 60-90% of the Earth's
oxygen, and supports the entire marine ecosystem which forms the basis
of our planet's food supply. But the plankton is dying.

I thought, 'Well, let's go to some remote state or country -- anywhere
on earth' -- but in doing a little research, I realized that these
people broker toxic waste all over the world. They basically control the
legislation; and in fact, they control the law. The law says no company
can be fined over $25,000 a day. For companies making 10 million dollars
a day by dumping lethal toxic waste into the ocean, it's only 'good
business' to continue doing this.

They influence the media so that they can control our minds. They have
made it a crime to speak out for ourselves; and if we do so we are
called 'conspiracy nuts' or laughed at.

We're angry because we're all being chemically and genetically damaged,
and we don't even realize it. And unfortunately, this will effect our
children.

We go to work every day, and right under out noses we see our car and
the car in front of us spewing noxious and poisonous gasses that are
accumulative poisons. These poisons kill us slowly, even when we see no
effect.

How many of us would have believed 20 years ago that on a certain day we
wouldn't be able to see 50 feet in front of us; that we wouldn't be able
to take a deep breath because the air would be a mass of poisonous gas;
that we wouldn't be able to drink out of our faucets; that we would have
to buy water out of bottles; that the most common and God-given rights
have been taken away from us; and unfortunately, the reality of our
lives is so grim nobody wants to hear it.

Now I've been asked what we can do. I think we need a responsible body
of people that can actually represent us, rather than big business.

This body of people must not allow the introduction of anything into our
environment that is not absolutely biodegradable or able to be
chemically neutralized upon production.

And finally, as long as there is profit to be made from the polluting of
our earth, companies and individuals will continue to do what they want.
We have to force these companies to work safely and responsibly, and
with all our best interest in mind, so that when they don't, we can take
back our resources and our hearts and our minds to do what's right."

END
---------------

  • Steven Segal Speech from "On Deadly Ground" movie
    ... against us by the government and big business. ... How many of you out there have heard of 'alternate engines' -- engines ... about them because if they were come into use, they put the oil ... These poisons kill us slowly, ...
    (talk.politics.mideast)
  • Re: OT: Steven Seagal Was Right!!!!!
    ... Alaska to stop an evil oil company that is dumping toxic waste and waste ... karate, but a big environmentalist as well, gives a speech about how the ... word-for-word from the movie. ... against us by the government and big business. ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)
  • BP WORTH MORE DEAD THAN ALIVE
    ... The oil company captured an ever larger-share of the crude gushing from the bottom of the sea and began bringing in more heavy equipment to help in the effort, including a production ship and a tanker from the North Sea that will allow the system to process larger quantities of oil and better withstand tropical storms. ... There's no answer, no answering machine," said Regina Shipp, who has filed $33,000 in claims for lost business at her restaurant in Alabama. ... "If BP doesn't pay us within two months, ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Obamas job approval rating now lower than President Bushs
    ... The truck with the beef halves that runs out of gas ... Do you really think that drilling for oil can be done without any risk at ... that it would somehow be unfair to bankrupt BP. ... that seems to think that putting BP out of business (by making them "pay" ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: Obamas job approval rating now lower than President Bushs
    ... limit for the oil spill. ... choke business and to leave the oil industry alone; ... Do you remember your first exposure to "torts," James? ... The truck with the beef halves that runs out of gas and the beef spoils ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)