Re: Why didn't the tsunami victims loot and go crazy?

On 5 Sep 2005 09:14:10 -0700, jslater@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The fact of the matter is this: When you
>> have a high cat 4 or cat five storm barrelling down on a city below sea
>> level and surrounded by water protected only by levees, you are in
>> trouble and it doesn't matter how much money you throw at the levees.
>> It's really that simple.
>
>Sure. It's trouble. The levees could have been made stronger, but
>it's trouble. But I'm not blaming Bush for the fact that there was
>"trouble." I'm blaming for his ineffective response in the first few
>days that made things worse. And so is most of American, including
>quite a few Republicans and conservatives.

He got bad info from Nagin and Fema..

>By the way, what do you think of the Bush admin. planting the lying
>spin that Landrieau didn't declare a state of emergency? Easily
>disproven and all, but shows the Bush admin. realizes about how this is
>being perceived -- and their willingness to lie to try to avoid
>responsibility.--Joe (n.j.) [mWo]

too bad its been proven. But keep spinning.

  • Re: Why didnt the tsunami victims loot and go crazy?
    ... >>> have a high cat 4 or cat five storm barrelling down on a city below sea ... >>> trouble and it doesn't matter how much money you throw at the levees. ... what do you think of the Bush admin. ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)
  • Re: Why didnt the tsunami victims loot and go crazy?
    ... > have a high cat 4 or cat five storm barrelling down on a city below sea ... > trouble and it doesn't matter how much money you throw at the levees. ... what do you think of the Bush admin. ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)
  • Re: spam messages
    ... Select any of the email addresses on the right-hand pane and don't worry if it goes to the wrong section. ... It's just a matter of doing what they do and shift around to another ISP in a matter of minutes. ... Eventually people will learn that going online with a pc that isn't 'online-worthy' gets them into trouble. ... Sooner or later the message will get through to enough people to render newsgroup flooding of this type no longer worth the time and trouble. ...
    (uk.rec.gardening)
  • Re: Crikey
    ... last week he was in trouble and "just now" he is the Hero. ... > from my customer saying that he has received an award for sticking his ... > Regards Tim. ... No matter what you do, you can always find some sour grapes somewhere. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Popping In
    ... very glad you have the answer..I think that was the most frustrating part for me was getting all the reasons nailed down so I could fight against it. ... I've posted before that I have had trouble with my numbers ... naturopath for another matter and got some blood work done. ... only charged me his cost, it didn't cost me anywhere near the $400 I ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)