Re: Dana Quigley Video

On 17 Dec 2005 11:13:36 -0800, curtjester@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>The Hammer wrote:
>> Here is the link. It has been shown before here. Everytime I see it, I am
>> amazed at the power he generates, with so little apparent effort. .
>>
>> http://www.megspace.com/sports/moetown/videos/quigley_clip.html
>>
>> Pay close attention to the way he straightens and re-flexes his back leg.
>> Really helps him generate a lot of coil and get a good inside-out swing
>> path. Seems to me this move is apparent in the videos of every good golfer,
>> with him it is really dramatic
>>
>> Enjoy. I think there is a lot to be learned in watching this guys swing.
>>
>> The Hammer
>
>I liked the aspect that he doesn't seem to go back any farther to keep
>his hands in the middle and control of the swing. His flat plane is
>easy to follow and easy for him to manuever so when he gets into his
>power zone, he keeps it going to the finish. Might be 'prettier'
>swings, but this one seems very effective and repeatable and one where
>the wheels won't fall off.

The swing is short but there is some serious lower body action going on--a big
lateral move. Lot's of opportunity for mere mortal golfers to screw it up.

Dave Clary/Corpus Christi, Tx
Home: http://davidclary.com

  • Re: Dana Quigley Video
    ... The Hammer wrote: ... > amazed at the power he generates, with so little apparent effort. ... I think there is a lot to be learned in watching this guys swing. ...
    (rec.sport.golf)
  • Re: Swinging Harder
    ... > The Hammer wrote: ... than a swing at 90-100%. ... > of your body at the right time, in the right sequence. ... Power for the sake of power is bad. ...
    (rec.sport.golf)
  • Re: Clearing the Hips
    ... > The Hammer wrote: ... >> This is such an important swing fundamental. ... >> that the hips have not cleared. ... And you get effortless power.. ...
    (rec.sport.golf)
  • Re: P-51 Mustang Bad Tail-Swing vs Spitfire???
    ... of the rudder to correct take off swing ... forward for FULL RIGHT RUDDER to counteract swing effect from the Merlin ... Push the THROTTLE FORWARD to increase power. ... excessive rudder application but handling these airplanes DOES require ...
    (rec.aviation.military)
  • Re: P-51 Mustang Bad Tail-Swing vs Spitfire???
    ... of the rudder to correct take off swing ... Your Spitfire now faces INTO THE WIND. ... forward for FULL RIGHT RUDDER to counteract swing effect from the Merlin ... Push the THROTTLE FORWARD to increase power. ...
    (rec.aviation.military)