Re: Bush's approval rating ....

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 22:25:04 -0400, "William A. T. Clark"
<clark.31@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>In article <vjc1i1tft4hggr8b5nqcnpsvqvv09a6rng@xxxxxxx>,
> larry <larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 16:30:39 -0500, Lloyd Parsons
>> <lloydparsons@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>> >Oh please! Do you actually believe that crap you just spewed?
>> >
>> >If so, the kool aid must be very good. This president is no more an
>> >altruist than most other politicians.
>>
>> The man is worth $50 MILLION personally. He did NOT need the
>> job--unlike Clinton and Gore. He could be retired and riding around
>> the world in his own Gulfstream jet. He will NOT profit from the
>> job-- there is no more transparent fishbowl than any republican high
>> office holder. He will be watched for the rest of his life just in
>> case he made a dime from a decision he made while President. Every
>> Republican goes into office knowing that. There can be no personal
>> motive for any of his decisions. Ridiculous to suggest that.
>> >

>Because a group of wealthy Texans decided they could run him for
>President and he would then safeguard their interests. But first they
>had to make this nobody, who had not held a meaningful job in his life,
>wealthy. Sp they set him up in the oil exploration comapnies that he ran
>into the ground, but walked away from with a fat wallet, and voila!
>Seven years after oblivion in total obscurity, he's Governor of Texas,
>aided and abetted by a typical Carl Rove misinformation campaign of
>innuendo about homosexuality in Ann Richards' administration. In the
>interim his brilliant business mind had sold Sammy Sosa to the Cubs for
>a song.
>
>> >But let's start with a few things:
>> >Fix Medicare? - talking about a drug benefit that benefits the drug
>> >companies far more than the elderly.
>>
>> So what is his motive? How does he profit from that? Drug companies
>> are simply large corporations. If you own any mutual funds, you own
>> drug companies--if they profit and grow, their products benefit all of
>> mankind. Their boards are some of the best and brightest in America,
>> men with integrity and honesty.
>> >
>> >Social Security fix? - Yep, it does have problems. So just how does
>> >that private account help? Answer, from all sides of the aisle, it
>> >doesn't. That and other reasons are why the reform isn't getting any
>> >traction.
>>
>> Wrong again. The president's experts (and pardon me while I grant
>> that rooms full of PhDs with lifetime expertise in the subject are
>> smarter than you) say it must be fixed or it will go bust in 20 years
>> or less-- and Bush knows that very likely NO future administration
>> will have the guts to tackle that-- so a brave man did.
>
>Larry, you can find PhDs to fit any opinion you want, probably even
>yours. If these guys are so bright, the economy wouldn't be in the tank.
>

>> >Iraq? - we had Hussein contained and he presented exactly zero or
>> >nearly zero danger to us. And you think the war over there is going to
>> >'fix' the middle east? They have hated the western world for centuries,
> [...]

Whew! Delusional and just silly stuff, not worth arguing.

You are going to be very very miserable in the next few years. I feel
sorry for you. Suggest you just quit reading the newspapers and
watching TV (or maybe just watch CNN until they are buried by FNC).
Good luck! And watch that blood pressure!

Larry

  • Re: Why Leftists Suck Ass...
    ... Did I vote for Bush in 2004? ... was the decision of the media outlets. ... It's a moot point now because we have our new President. ... I understand his past associates may or may not have had much of an influence on his belief system as some would like to think because all politicians have no true belief system. ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)
  • David Ignatius editorial today
    ... righteous politicians and leads them to bend the rules, ... power is on display with the Bush administration. ... Vice President Cheney had accidentally shot a man last Saturday while ... Pillar said so privately before the war, ...
    (rec.music.phish)
  • "Freedom Watch" a failure -- as big a failure as Bush and McBush
    ... Bush Job Approval at 28%, ... The problems of Freedom's Watch are the problems of the Republican ... in a nationwide advertising blitz supporting President Bush's troop ... Behind the scenes, however, Freedom's Watch [the GOP] has been plagued ...
    (alt.politics)
  • Re: Bushs approval rating ....
    ... >>>altruist than most other politicians. ... >> case he made a dime from a decision he made while President. ... They need to remove GW Bush in order to do that. ... > Wise?!! ...
    (rec.sport.golf)
  • Re: The Miscreant Dynasty
    ... > The Bush generations have enriched themselves while impoverishing the ... > Behind George W, there are four generations of Bushes and Walkers ... > Starting with Senator Prescott Bush's alliance with president Eisenhower ... > to two more gifted politicians, presidents Nixon and Reagan, the family ...
    (misc.news.internet.discuss)