Jacksonville as a city...sketchy or what?

So there is this psychiatry job in jacksonville a person in the class
above just signed with, and they're trying to encourage a few of us to
give them a look as well since they anticipate needing to add 1-2 more
people shortly.

they are paying 85-90k per year more than what is the regional average
for this type of work(basically covering a reasonable share of a large
inpatient unit and consults). The hours or weekend call schedule seem
pretty reasonable/typical. It's a fairly well established employer
and(at least to my knowledge) they aren't known as being malignant or
sketchy.

So what's going on here....is jacksonville just a real dump to live in
so they have to pay more? Any rsfcers live there or have lived there
before?

  • Re: Jacksonville as a city...sketchy or what?
    ... ==>So there is this psychiatry job in Jacksonville a person in the ... ==>So what's going on here....is Jacksonville just a real dump to live ... ==>so they have to pay more? ... Navy town for starters.... ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: For the Eagles to make the Playoffs
    ... I see them winning next week, but losing to Jacksonville, and going into ... Looks to me like the "toughest part of the schedule" is already behind us ...
    (alt.sports.football.pro.phila-eagles)
  • Re: Will the Gawdz smite for stuff like this?
    ... > Dec. 3 ACC Champ. ... (at Jacksonville) ... does putting the ACC Championship game on your schedule for the year ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: Steelers vs New England
    ... What an arse kicking the Steelers got. ... likely the only team left in the Patriots' schedule (maybe ... Jacksonville) that could beat 'em. ...
    (alt.vacation.las-vegas)