Jacksonville as a city...sketchy or what?

So there is this psychiatry job in jacksonville a person in the class
above just signed with, and they're trying to encourage a few of us to
give them a look as well since they anticipate needing to add 1-2 more
people shortly.

they are paying 85-90k per year more than what is the regional average
for this type of work(basically covering a reasonable share of a large
inpatient unit and consults). The hours or weekend call schedule seem
pretty reasonable/typical. It's a fairly well established employer
and(at least to my knowledge) they aren't known as being malignant or
sketchy.

So what's going on here....is jacksonville just a real dump to live in
so they have to pay more? Any rsfcers live there or have lived there
before?

  • Re: Jacksonville as a city...sketchy or what?
    ... ==>So there is this psychiatry job in Jacksonville a person in the ... ==>So what's going on here....is Jacksonville just a real dump to live ... ==>so they have to pay more? ... Navy town for starters.... ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: For the Eagles to make the Playoffs
    ... I see them winning next week, but losing to Jacksonville, and going into ... Looks to me like the "toughest part of the schedule" is already behind us ...
    (alt.sports.football.pro.phila-eagles)
  • Re: Will the Gawdz smite for stuff like this?
    ... > Dec. 3 ACC Champ. ... (at Jacksonville) ... does putting the ACC Championship game on your schedule for the year ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)